If it’s not a ‘Hell Yes’, it should be a ‘No”!
If you’ve ever struggled with saying no to someone or something, then read How to Find Your ‘No’ So You Can Start Saying ‘Yes!’ to What Actually Matters. Moral of the story: if it’s not a ‘Hell Yes’, it should be a ‘No’!
Saying ‘No’ is hard for me. If I see potential for something to make an impact I want to do it. I also don’t want to miss out on meeting new people or having fun with existing relationships. FOMO (fear of missing out) is so real!
The problem is, when I keep saying ‘Yes’ to people and new projects, I end up putting myself last. Particularly in the sleep, exercise and eating right categories. And then I feel bad about myself, and feel like I racing to keep up.
Enough. I’m making some chchchchanges!
Changes I’m making at work:
- Maker mornings, manager afternoons.
- Working from home one day a week to crank.
- On Sunday, map weekly priorities and top of mind tasks. Print it off and if I haven’t checked off most of the Has to Get Done items by Thursday, something is wrong.
Changes I’m making at home:
- Recommitting to prioritizing sleep, daily exercise, and healthy eating.
- Extra weekend time to for food prep, sleep catch-up, and fun.
What will you say ‘No’ to in order to make room to say ‘Yes’ to what matters to you most?